Passports are required for all international flights and should be valid for at least your period of intended stay. Many countries require passports to remain valid for longer periods, up to six months. We recommend you check details with the embassy or consulate of the country you are travelling to. In lieu of a passport, European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA; that’s EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and Swiss nationals are permitted to enter any EU/EEA member state on production of a valid national identity card. A passport is not required for travel between Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands. When making a booking, your booking name must match your name as it appears on your passport or travel identity document and ticket. We cannot accept you for travel unless all your documents match. Please review our Conditions of Carriage before you travel.


In some circumstances, it is necessary to obtain a visa before departure. We recommend you check the entry requirements for your destination, well in advance of your travel date. The embassy or consulate of the country you are travelling to, will be able to provide you with this information.

Domestic travel within the United Kingdom

For all travel with flybmi on domestic flights, all customers are required to produce photographic ID at both check-in and at the boarding gate.

Acceptable forms of ID

Acceptable forms of ID include:

  • Valid passport
  • Emergency passport
  • Refugee travel document/Titre de Voyage (UN 1951 Convention)
  • Stateless person travel document/Titre de Voyage (UN 1954 Convention)
  • Certificate of identity
  • Laissez Passer
  • Merchant seaman (Seamans book)
  • Military ID cards/Military orders (must be accompanied by movement order for immigration purposes)
  • Valid photographic driver’s licence (Provisional or Full)
  • Valid photographic EU/EEA or Swiss national identity card
  • Valid armed forces identity card
  • Valid police warrant card/badge
  • Valid airport employees security identity pass
  • Credit/Debit card with passenger’s name
  • Valid police warrant card/badge*
  • Birth Certificate
  • Health Card
  • Company ID card
  • Citizen card
  • Council issued bus pass
  • Pension book

Emergency contact details

flybmi offers you the opportunity to provide contact details of a person who is not travelling with you – in accordance with EU Regulation 996/2010. Providing this information is optional and can be done by calling the flybmi Customer Contact Centre:

Tel (UK Callers): 0330 333 7998 (Calls to this number are free of charge)

Tel (International Callers): +44 330 333 7998

Telephone lines are open: Monday to Friday: 06.30 – 20.00 Saturday: closed Sunday: 09:30-13:00, closed between 13:00-13:30, and then open from 13:30-17:30 Opening hours during bank holidays may vary.

Border control in the UK

If you wish to know what the rules are in the UK for Visas and Immigration agency manages applications for people who want to visit, work, study or settle in the UK, please visit [](

Children with an Italian Passport

Children, under 14 years of age, must hold a completed ‘Dichiarazione di Affido’ when travelling out of Italy. You must get this from a local police office as it is not available at the airport.

This form must be carried with your child’s passport and travel will be denied if the form is not completed. If you do not live in Italy the authorisation can be issued by the Italian Embassy or Consulate.